Starting with 7 November 2020, the Martynas Mažvydas National Library of Lithuania will operate in compliance with the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania “On the Introduction of a Nation-Wide Quarantine” by ensuring the satisfaction of the State-level requirements set for major emergencies as well as requirements for public health and hygiene. We would like to thank the Library’s visitors for understanding and responsibility.
Monday to Sunday 10.00 - 18.00
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
During the quarantine period, the Library‘s physical services are limited to lending and borrowing books by using the self-service machine:
- We recommend to order documents online, but, if necessary, they can be reserved by the phone (8 5) 249 7028 from the Leisure Reading and General Collections and by the phone (8 5) 239 8563 from the Collection of the Children‘s and Youth Literature Department. We recommend first to order books, receive notification about the resolving of your order and only then go to the Library.
- The most convenient and safest way to return books is by using a non-contact self-service machine on the 2nd or the box for returning books floor nest to the Library‘s main entrance.
Requirements for visitors:
- All visitors older than 6 years of age must be properly wearing protective face masks (covering nose and mouth).
- Exempt from wearing a protective face mask are persons with disabilities to whom wearing a face covering is counter-indicative or whose health status may be compromised by wearing such a covering. A visitor not wearing a protective face mask for this reason should produce to the staff the disability certificate. Visitors not wearing protective face masks covering nose and mouth shall not be provided services except instances identified above.
- Visitors with signs of acute upper respiratory illness (e.g. runny nose, coughs, sneezing, difficulty breathing) are denied entrance into the Library.
- Visitors are asked to keep social distancing of no fewer than 2 meters from one another, as well as staff members, when queuing at lending and borrowing service points. Only groups of no more than 2 people are allowed to be present at the same time in the Library spaces except family members.
- Visitors are asked to practice coughing and sneezing etiquette (cover nose and mouth with a disposable napkin or cough or sneeze into the elbow) as well as appropriate hand hygiene (regularly wash hands with water and soap or use a disinfectant).
- Environmental cleaning and disinfection are performed several times a day in the library, in accordance with the recommendations of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Lithuania.
- The Library will not charge late return fines during the quarantine period.
We also invite you to use the remote services provided by the National Library. The Library will also present online a majority of its events. Follow our news in social networks and on our Website www.lnb.lt.
Let us be healthy and safe.