The Children's Activity Centre Žaisloteka (Toytheque) is a space in the National Library, where the parents who wish to use the library services may leave their young readers and explorers in the care of professionals. The service is free of charge.
Please read the rules of Žaisloteka:
- The parents are asked to read the rules of Žaisloteka, sign a registration log and fill out a questionnaire.
- To ensure cleanliness and cosiness for all of us, we ask the children to take off their shoes in Žaisloteka and go in socks or other footwear suitable for wearing inside.
- Please leave food, drinks and your own toys outside Žaisloteka (e.g. in the lockers on the 2nd floor of the National Library).
- Žaisloteka only accepts children of the parents who are using the services of the National Library. Children's age – from 3 to 6 years.
- The parents must immediately pick up the child, if:
- the staff notices any signs of sickness;
- the child is crying and cannot be calmed down;
- the child disobeys the library staff.
- The children may stay in the Children's Activity Centre for no more than four hours. Meals are not provided in Žaisloteka.
- Only the person who has brought the child to Žaisloteka may pick them up.
Žaisloteka opening hours:
Monday to Thursday 10.00 - 19.00
Friday 10.00 - 17.45
Lunch break 14.00 - 14.45
Žaisloteka is located in the Children and Youth Literature Department of the National Library, on the ground floor at Gedimino ave. 51, Vilnius.
We are waiting for you! Let's grow together!