- Open invitation to submit applications for hosting exhibitions at the exhibition spaces of Martynas Mažvydas National Library of Lithuania
Artists and exhibition curators are invited to submit applications for hosting exhibitions at the Martynas Mažvydas National Library of Lithuania in 2020–2021. The applications are examined at the end of each quarter taking into account the priorities for the current year’s exhibitions. The applications will be examined by the Exhibition Preparation and Procedure Committee comprised of the staff of the National Library from the Communication and Marketing Department, Documentary Heritage Department, Information Resources Department and Children and Youth Literature Department. The committee is approved by the Director General of the National Library.
Priorities set for 2020–2021 exhibitions:
- exhibitions and projects that raise awareness on documentary heritage and promote cooperation with the Documentary Heritage Research Department of the National Library and the studies of the archives of the National Library;
- exhibitions related to important political, historical, cultural and public developments of the current year (commemoration of the anniversaries of prominent figures, communities or historical events, year devoted to a specific topic);
- exhibitions aimed at reducing social exclusion and promoting community participation;
- professional art and interdisciplinary arts exhibitions accompanied by educational programmes or creative workshops.
Application submission procedure
- Applications can be submitted throughout the year. They are examined at the end of each quarter within the period of the last ten working days of the quarter.
- An application will not be considered if the application form has been filled out incorrectly, if it does not have required attachments or if it has been sent without completing the application form.
- The results of the selection process will be announced via a specified email address within the ten working days from the date of the application examination. The National Library is not obliged to comment on the reasons for application rejection.