Cannot find a quiet place to finish an important school project? Or maybe you are into building things or handicrafts? The makerspace offers a space for the realisation of your ideas and a box to hold the resulting creations. Feeling out of ideas? No problem – we have plenty and are eager to share. Uncomfortable to come alone? Come with your friends!
What is this?
PATS SAU: open makerspace of the Martynas Mažvydas National Library of Lithuania for school-age children and young people. PATS SAU: create, discover, preserve, be curious, achieve, recognise, record.
Visit the National Library: here you will find over two dozen well-equipped individual workstations, 3D printer, vinyl and thermofilm cutter, thermal press, mini sublimation printer, robotics and electronics kits, programming microcomputers, computers with the necessary software and various materials to realise your ideas. If tired or waiting for your industrious workers, enjoy the relaxation and reading space.
If it is obvious that you are no longer of school age, we reserve the right to ask you to show a valid student card. Unless you are accompanied by a holder of such student card.
Groups of schoolchildren are also welcome: we will offer a variety of creative programmes – from robot building to film-making.
Makerspace opening hours:
- Tuesday to Friday 12.00 - 20.00 (Lunch break 16.00 - 16.30)
- Saturday 10.00 - 18.00 (Lunch break 14.00 - 14.30)
The workshop is closed on Mondays, Sundays and public holidays.
Registration and information
Tel. (+370 5) 239 8580
- Groups of schoolchildren are required to register in advance. They should be accompanied by a teacher or supervisor.
- Individual visitors (under 12 years) of the makerspace should be accompanied by an adult guardian.
- We do not guarantee free workstations for visitors without advance registration.
- You will find the makerspace on the ground floor of the National Library (Gedimino 51, Vilnius), Room 114.
Follow the makerspace's Facebook account ›