Rare Books and Manuscripts Reading Room
Gedimino 51, 5th floor, Room 533
Opening hours: September - June, July - August
- The open collection (reference books, encyclopaedias, dictionaries, bibliographic publications);
- Photocopying services;
- Documents of the National Archive Collection of Published Documents are available in the Reading Room.
The Reading Room provides access to:
- the collection of Lithuanian and Lithuanian Studies printing: Lithuanian books published from the 16th century to 1904; books published in Lithuania in foreign languages and books published in the Western Europe over a period from the 16th century to 1830;
- old and rare European printing of the 15th–19th century: books, periodicals, official letters, cartographic and other publications;
- collections of manuscript documents (from the 16th century to this day) related to the Lithuanian history, culture, science and social life phenomena or events;
- dissertations and habilitation theses defended in Lithuanian education institutions since 1994.